The Mack Group, LLC provides mold remediation and cleanup contracting services.
Mold Remediation Basics
- The purpose of mold remediation is to remove the mold to prevent human exposure and damage to building materials and furnishings.
- It is necessary to clean up mold contamination, not just to kill the mold.
- Dead mold is still allergenic, and some dead molds are potentially toxic.
Mold Remediation Planning
The MACK Group, LLC considers the following questions when planning the remediation of mold:
- Are there existing moisture problems in the building?
- Have building materials been wet for more than 48 hours?
- Are there hidden sources of water or is the humidity too high (high enough to cause condensation)?
- Are building occupants reporting musty or moldy odors?
- Are building occupants reporting health problems?
- Are building materials or furnishings visibly damaged?
- Has maintenance been delayed or has the maintenance plan been altered?
- Has the building been recently remodeled or has building use changed?
- Is consultation with medical or health professionals indicated?
Mold Remediation Means and Methods
A variety of mold cleanup methods are available for remediating damage to building materials and furnishings caused by moisture control problems and mold growth. This may include:
- Wet Vacuum
- Damp Wipe
- HEPA Vacuum
- Interior Demolition – Building materials and furnishings that are contaminated with mold growth and are not salvageable should be double-bagged using 6-mil polyethylene sheeting. These materials can then usually be discarded as ordinary construction waste. It is important to package mold-contaminated materials in sealed bags before removal from the containment area to minimize the dispersion of mold spores throughout the building. Large items that have heavy mold growth should be covered with polyethylene sheeting and sealed with duct tape before they are removed from the containment area.
The MACK Group, LLC selects remediation personnel who have the experience and training needed to implement the remediation plan and use Personal Protection Equipment and containment as appropriate.
Remediation and Cleanup Final Steps
The MACK Group, LLC makes sure the mold remediation is complete by:
- Make sure the water or moisture problem is completely fixed.
- Use of professional judgment to determine if the cleanup is sufficient. Visible mold, mold-damaged materials, and moldy odors will not be present.
- Via air sampling, the kinds and concentrations of mold and mold spores in the building should be similar to those found outside, once cleanup activities have been completed.
- We revisit the site(s) shortly after remediation to look for signs of water damage or mold growth.
- The client’s personnel and tenants will be able to occupy or re-occupy the space without health complaints or physical symptoms.
Nationwide Mold Remediation Removal Contractor Services
We offer our remediation services within the Continental United States and Puerto Rico.
Please visit our mold remediation website by clicking below
MOLD REMEDIATION SERVICES WEBSITE
MOLD REMEDIATION SERVICES